Tuesday 10 May 2011

Over 450 links: Highlighting the Links to Wisdom OSR House Rules Wiki

The Links to Wisdom is about 6 weeks old now and it has over 450 links when I counted it today.

I hope you agree with me that it has become an amazing resource. Please add to it and help it grow. So in a months time you don't say, "Who wrote that excellent post on X?" I wish I kept the link.

Just look at the volume of excellent links:


Introduction 12
Player Character a whopping 109 links added
Spells 39
The Adventure 40
The Encounter 40
Monsters 77
Non Player Characters 12
Treasure 29
DM Information 76
Inspirational Sources 24

I personally feel the use of a recognised contents structure based on the older editions is helping keep 450 links manageable and useful for us all.

Over the coming weeks I plan on sporadically highlighting a link I regard as particularly cool (I am discovering them myself every time I head back to the wiki).

Comments and suggestions always welcomed.

Today I added an excellent wilderness travel system by of Pedantry based on hit point loss for terrain types. Check the link out in The Adventure, Wilderness. Go on, find the link in the wiki yourself. It's that easy.

Such a system might feature well in a planned collaboration to build an Old School Adventure Guide, which I suggested at the conclusion of my A to Z exploration of the Dungeoneer's Survival Guide.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of work. Nice job. Keep up the great work. I think it will become, if its hasn't already, become a hub for gamers. And not just the OSR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in for helping put together the Adventure Guide. Maybe we should start by proposing a Table of Contents or outline of the topics that should be covered?

    ReplyDelete